Chairman Bitner called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. The time, place and agenda of the meeting had been provided to the Tooele Transcript Bulletin and to each member of the governing body by delivering copies of the notice and agenda at least two days before to each of them.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE. The Pledge of Allegiance was offered by Tim Gillie.
2. ROLL CALL. The Clerk called the roll which showed Commissioners Wade Bitner, Chairperson, Shawn Milne and Myron Bateman present. Also present were Scott Broadhead, Attorney and Debbie Smart, Chief Deputy Clerk/Auditor. Marilyn Gillette, Clerk./Auditor was excused.
3. MINUTES. Commissioner Bateman moved to postpone approval of the minutes to the next meeting. Commissioner Milne seconded the motion. All concurred.
4. CONSENT AGENDA. Commissioner Bateman moved to approve the consent agenda as presented. The motion died for lack of a second. Commissioner Milne had a question on one of the contracts. Contract #02-05-08 - Lease Agreement Between Tooele County and Grantsville Soil Conservation District. He moved to approve the consent agenda, pulling this one contract until the next meeting. Commissioner Bateman seconded the motion. All concurred.
Invoices. A) Warrants issued on July 8, 2015 in the amount of $340,606.48. Direct Deposit #070815001 - #070815324. Payroll Check #7453 - #7455. Transmittal Checks in the amount of $282,473.96. Check #7456 - #7467; B) Warrants issued July 16, 2015 in the amount of $229,395.22, Check #152268 thru #152408; C) Warrants issued July 22, 2015 in the amount of $360,227.78. Direct Deposit #07222015001 - #0722201523. Payroll Check #7468 - #7478. Transmittal Checks in the amount of $281,428.48, Check #7479 - #7489; D) Warrants issued July 23, 2015 in the amount of $778,042.39. Check #152410 thru #152536.
Tax Adjustments. A) Greenbox Recycling, Account #BU-22-0179. Create levy for 2014. Adjustment $1,792.51; B) Top Stop Chevron, Account #BU-06-0005. Create levy for 2013. Adjustment $508.27; C) Mountain West Pediatrics - Dr. Gould, Account #BU-01-1750. Create levy for 2014. Adjustment $1,846.68; D) Pilot Travel Centers LLC #742, Account #BU-06-0070. Create levy for 2014. Adjustment $10,204.25; E) Vine Street Market, Account #BU-01-1059. Account was exempt in 2014. Please move money to 2015. Adjustment ($161.71); F) Diversified Maintenance, Account #HT-10-0087. This account was terminated in 2007. Levy's for 2010 and 2015 were created in error. Adjustment for tax year 2010 - ($299.72), 2015 - ($375.50); G) The attached list of mobile homes were moved out of Tooele County without obtaining a moving permit. Please remove taxes due.
Contract Review. A) 91‑10‑06‑ Amendment to Agreement for Joint Fuel Station Between Tooele County, Tooele City and the Tooele County School District Dated April 19, 1991 by State of Utah, Department of Administrative Services Division of Fuel Dispensing; B) 92‑11‑14‑ Interlocal Cooperation Agreement by and among Tooele County, City of Wendover, Grantsville City, Ophir Town, Rush Valley Town, Stockton Town, Tooele City and Vernon Town; C) 93‑06‑04‑ Interlocal Cooperation Agreement Municipal Solid Waste Collection Between Tooele County and Town of Vernon; D) 93‑07‑09‑ Interlocal Cooperation Agreement Municipal Solid Waste Collection Between Tooele County and Town of Ophir; E) 93‑07‑10‑ Interlocal Cooperation Agreement Municipal Solid Waste Collection Between Tooele County and Town of Rush Valley; F) 95‑09‑14‑ Agreement Between Tooele County, Tooele City and Tooele County
Emergency Management; G) 98‑06‑06‑ Annual Fire Season Memorandum of Understanding/ Annual Operating Plan Between BLM and Local Municipalities; H) 00‑08‑05‑ Memorandum of Understanding for NOAA Weather Radio Transmitter/Antenna Installation, Operation and Maintenance Between Tooele County and National Weather Service; J) 03‑04‑02‑ Cooperative Fire Protection Agreement Between Tooele County and the Confederated Tribes of the Goshute Indian Reservation at Ibapah will be reviewed August, 2016.
I) 02‑05‑08‑ Lease Agreement Between Tooele County and Grantsville Soil Conservation District will be reviewed in the next Commission Meeting.
5. RESOLUTION 2015 - 04 - ADOPTING THE 2015 TAX RATES AND PROPERTY TAX REVENUE BUDGET AMOUNTS. Commissioner Milne moved to table. Commissioner Bateman seconded the motion. All concurred.
6. PUBLIC HEARING ON THE PROPOSED SALARY ADJUSTMENT FOR THE TOOELE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS. Commissioner Milne moved to open the public hearing. Commissioner Bateman seconded the motion. All concurred. Those in attendance were: John Beagley, Shirley Beagley, Jami McCart, Rod Thompson, Randall Jones, Gary Walker, Dave Goeres, Chris Sloan, Thomas Karjola. John Beagley felt they made a mistake when they proposed the increase, then they corrected the mistake. He felt it should be buried and we should move on. Commissioner Milne asked for clarification. Did Mr. Beagley mean to let the raise stand? Mr. Beagley agreed. Raymond Dixon also asked for clarification. He asked Mr. Beagley if he meant the 24% raise should stand? Mr. Beagley stated no, let it stand that they rescinded the 24% raise. Ray asked that they use some of that money to hire some part time people at the Deseret Peak Complex so it can be run as it was intended to be ran. It was a struggle finding volunteers to work at the Derby last weekend. They also need more public safety help there. Everyone that came to the last meeting spoke out against the 24% raise. He hoped that they would listen to what was said. Gary Walker asked what the proposed salary is for the Commissioners. Commissioner Bateman stated it is for a cost of living raise of 3%. Commissioner Milne stated that it is the same COLA the other employee's received. There were no other public comments. Commissioner Milne moved to close the public hearing. Commissioner Bateman seconded the motion. All concurred.
7. RESOLUTION 2015 - 05 - RE-ESTABLISHING THE SALARIES OF THE TOOELE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS. Commissioner Bateman moved to approve Resolution 20150-05, Re-Establishing the Salaries of the Tooele County Commissioners. Commissioner Milne seconded the motion. All concurred.
8. RESOLUTION 2015 - 06 - AMENDING SUBSECTION 13.A. INSURANCE OF SECTION 13, EMPLOYEE BENEFITS, OF THE PERSONNEL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MANUAL. (Changes to Post-Retirement Insurance Benefits). Jami McCart, HR Director, discussed this with the Commission. This will reinstate the benefit to employee's who earned this benefit before it was taken away in 2013. Commissioner Bateman moved to approve Resolution 2015-06. Commissioner Milne seconded the motion. All concurred.
9. BOARD OPENINGS.
A) Lake Point Cemetery and Park District - 3 Positions - Open Until Filled
10. PUBLIC CONCERNS. Scott Degelbeck, Ophir Town Council, following HB 362, general sales tax for transportation. Generally they are not in favor of tax increases, but as a Town Council they asked that the Commission put that on the ballot for the voters.
11. ADJOURNMENT. Commissioner Milne moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:25 pm. Commissioner Bateman seconded the motion. All concurred.
The Foregoing Minutes Are Hereby Approved:
Wade B. Bitner, Chairman
Marilyn K. Gillette, Clerk/Auditor